Senior Credit Analyst
The Senior Credit Analyst plays a vital role at the Bank by independently gathering and analyzing business records, financial and other information and documents necessary to assess customer credit and risks in connection with primarily commercial loans. Responsible for making determinations and recommendations on commercial credit decisions, credit risk and loan approvals. This position also conducts risk assessment analysis of various types of loan requests through evaluation of financial statement, industry ratios, market risk, collateral, sensitivity analyses and projections. Works closely with commercial customers and other Bank employees.
The incumbent will be responsible for monitoring loan covenants and performing portfolio reviews; preparing problem loan reports; underwriting for loan approvals for new loan requests and existing relationships and calling on prospective and existing clients as needed.
Detailed Job Duties
· Participate in pre-credit discussions, analyze and assist in responding to initial credit requests.
· Develop and perform information needs assessment and identify all documents and information necessary to conduct a thorough credit risk review and analysis.
· Review and analyze financial statements, tax returns and other necessary business records, prepare projection and perform sensitivity analyses.
· Conduct credit, financial and industry analysis.
· Structure loans or review and/or recommend structure, terms and pricing for primarily commercial loans.
· Identify and evaluate risks and mitigates and make determination and recommendation of credit risk grade.
· Monitor borrowing base/covenant compliance and approve advance requests on Line of Credit.
· Partner with Loan officers to ensure that loan documentation and financial information is properly maintained and collected from customers.
Candidate will assist with other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s Degree in business administration, finance or related field
· 5+ years of experience in both commercial and real estate credit analysis
· Thorough understanding of financial accounting, loan structuring, legal, compliance and market risk related issues involved in the approval of credit.
· Good Interpersonal skills
· An ability to prioritize multiple tasks
· Ability to work independently
· Excellent communications skills both written and verbal
· Proficiency in MS Office (Word and Excel)
To apply to this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.