The Teller is responsible for providing high-quality customer service and daily settlement, for processing deposit accounts and loan transactions, cashing checks, cross-selling bank services and maintaining account records. The teller must follow all established policies and procedures of the bank.
Detailed Job Duties
- While representing the Bank to customers in a courteous and professional manner, provide prompt, efficient and accurate service in processing transactions while establishing a rapport with clients to ensure they feel welcome in the branch.
- Process client financial transactions in an accurate and timely manner. Balance daily transactions and cash in accordance with established Bank policy and procedures.
- Answer routine client account inquiries. Resolve problems or discrepancies concerning clients’ accounts.
- Knowledgeable about Trustar Bank products/services to refer clients to the manager or assistant manager for further discussion.
- Perform administrative duties such as filing, preparing form letters and billings, completing transaction-generated paperwork and verifying incoming cash shipments.
- Assist with various administrative daily and monthly activities to ensure the branch consistently complies with all Bank policies and procedures as they pertain to the performance of the position to include opening new accounts, teller procedures, security procedures, BSA procedures, and Compliance procedures.
Candidate will assist with other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or its equivalent. One-year banking experience in a Teller position is preferred.
Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily and successfully complete teller training. Ability to remain calm and complete more than one task at a time in a fast-paced environment. May stand occasionally.
A high level of interpersonal and verbal skills to represent the Bank in a positive manner in dealing with customer/teller transactions. Good math aptitude and reasoning skills. Knowledge of online teller terminal and office equipment to include calculator, typewriter, computer keyboards. Working knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Office applications. Ability to function as an effective team member. Ability to communicate clearly over the telephone and in person.
Continuous daily contact with customers and the public performing recurring tasks. Close daily contact with peers, manager and other bank employees. Work schedules may include evening and Saturday hours.
To apply to this position, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.